District Emergency Disaster Plan
COOPERATION WITH OUTSIDE AGENCIES
When an outside agency (Fire department, law enforcement, etc.) is notified of a school or district emergency, that agency is in charge of the scene and the actions taken. Principals, school administrators, and the Crisis Response Team are responsible for the students and staff.
By effectively managing communications, Darlington County School District will provide necessary services to its students, staff and the families of those persons while countering problems caused by unfounded rumors.
In order to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the messages going to the public, only the Superintendent and the Director of Communications should talk to the media. All media requests should be directed to the Office of Communications and the Public Information Officer.
CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM
The Crisis Response Team (CRT) will respond to all crises. All other personnel will be activated as needed. Once activated, the CRT will take the lead in the direction of school personnel and students. This includes implementation of the District’s Crisis Response Plan.
CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM MEMBERS
- Dr. Tim Newman, Superintendent
- Eddie Shuler, Executive Director of Administration and Operations
- Carlita King, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum
- Audrey Childers, Director of Communications
- Kim Nelson, Safety Emergency Management Coordinator
- William Jordan, Director of Maintenance and Operations
- Tony Thomas, Director of Transportation
- Principal (when appropriate)