Skip To Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

The purpose of this page is to give answers to some of the questions that the department receives from students, parents, teachers and employees. 
It will be updated regularly.



How can I put money on my child's account?

Payment is accepted at the cafeteria where the child attends school.  You can pre-pay on their account any time throughout the year or send money daily.  Parents can sign up to pay for their child(ren)'s  meals online!  Go to now!


How much do meals costs?

ALL Darlington County School District students will receive breakfast and lunch at no cost.

Adult meal prices are:

Breakfast:  $3.07

Lunch:       $4.81

How can I become a worker in a cafeteria?

Applications can be submitted online at:


Why are adult food portions the same size as a student's?

The Federal Government mandates that all meal portions are the same regardless if it is a child or an adult.  The adult is charged more because the school district does not receive any additional funding for an adult meal.


How can I contact someone in the Food Services Department?

The following are contact numbers for the Food Services Department:

Dawn Johnson, Director, (843) 398-2315

Rene' Weatherford, Network Administrator/Free & Reduced Lunch Applications, (843) 398-2318

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:

    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

  2. fax:

    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.