Flier Distribution - Peachjar
The Darlington County School District only distributes flyers through Peachjar Flyer Management System. No paper fliers will be distributed directly to the students.The Darlington County School District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar, a free online service for schools. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, we are moving from paper to digital flyer delivery. Electronic flyers will be emailed directly to parents' inboxes as well as posted online for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
ORGANIZATIONS WISHING TO DISTRIBUTE FLYERS TO DCSD
Peachjar is free to our schools and parents because local enrichment and community organizations across the district, state, and nation pay a small service fee to distribute their school-approved eflyers and post them online.
Community organizations and enrichment providers are subject to Peachjar’s service fee when they post a flier to promote/announce an activity or event with a participation fee. This also happens when the flier describes an event that is held without charge for the purpose of enticing attendees to buy products or services or to participate in a fee-based program or activity. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost they paid in the past to copy and deliver fliers to schools.
• The materials should be non-commercial.
• Materials regarding for-profit (commercial) businesses are generally not permitted. Exceptions can be made for school partners who have an ongoing relationship with the school or district-level partners. If approved, the fliers will have a minimal amount of advertising content.
• Materials should focus on the educational interests of students.
• All fliers must have the following disclaimer in at least a 10-point font size and displayed clearly at the bottom of the flier: “The Darlington County School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material.”
• Images on the fliers must be appropriate for elementary-age students.
• In-person events should be located within Darlington County.
We will not approve flyers that:
• Are lewd, obscene, defamatory, or slanderous.
• Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
• Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure.
• Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group based on gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
• Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
• Duplicates efforts or programs already operated by the Darlington County School District.
The following information MUST appear on any flier distributed:
• The sponsoring organization’s full name, address, and email or telephone number.
• The school district's disclaimer: “The Darlington County School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material.”
Getting started with Peachjar only takes 4 simple steps:
1) Go to www.Peachjar.com
2) Register an "Enrichment" or "Community Organization" account on Peachjar.
3) Click "Post a Flyer" from the menu on the left side.
4) Select the schools you wish to post to and proceed to checkout.
To post a flier, click here:
Questions? Call the DCSD Office of Communications at (843)398-2284.